Friday, September 2, 2011

Eid Al Mubarak Celebration


We shook hands and exchange greetings. We asked forgiveness from each other. We met relatives that we get to see once every two years or so. We exchanged news and stories. It's a time to rekindle old friendship, old ties. A time to revive old memories. A time to introduce our kids to their distant relatives.

In the happiness of celebrating Eid Al Mubarak, I deeply miss the holy month of Ramadhan. The solat Terawih or Terawih prayer performed every night. The solat tahajjud or Tahajjud prayer performed in the middle of the night especially during the last ten nights of Ramadhan. Will I live long enough to meet the next Ramadhan?

The celebration of Eid Al Mubarak reminds me to be sincere in forgiving people. And among the sign of sincerity is not to mention again the mistakes that people had done to me in the past. Easier said than done but I am determine to do it. Just as I want people to forget the mistakes I have done to them, I must do the same thing for them. Sometimes we forget that we are no better than others. Only Allah knows who is better and closer to Him. May Allah forgives all my sins and yours.

May Allah bless us all.

rekindle - revive (something that has been lost) : he tried to rekindle their friendship| the photos rekindled memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment