Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The simple meaning of happiness


We had our dinner outside tonight at a restaurant that my two kids chose. Eating out is a luxury that my kids enjoy very much. Little Aiman ordered his favourite - chips and nugget. My girl tried mocca coffee. My girl and I ordered fried noodle and my husband ordered fried rice. There's a lot of prawns on our plate. Finishing my noodle, suddenly my husband put his prawn on my plate. He had already peeled off its skin. He knows that I love prawn. I ate the prawn with chilly sauce. Then he put a second peeled off prawn. I finished that too.

Source of happiness doesn't have to come from money or materials. The simple acts of love speaks a thousand more words than a love letter. Just open our heart to every small act of love that our loved ones show to us. Concentrate on the positive sides. Forget short comings. Nobody is perfect for we are just human and human err.

Choose to be happy. Don't choose to be dissatisfied. The choice is ours. For Hooi Ching, I hope you can practice this.

May Allah bless us all.

err - be mistaken or incorrect; make a mistake : the judge had erred in ruling that the evidence was inadmissible.

1 comment: