Monday, September 5, 2011

Missing Ramadhan


Back from the Eid Mubarak celebration and starting to teach today, I miss Ramadhan so much. Like losing a dear friend. I miss doing every routine in Ramadhan. Busy preparing meals in the evening for breaking the fast, preparing the meal for sahur at around 4.30 in the morning before waking up every one, finding time to read the Holy Qur'an, going to the musolla at night for Terawih prayer, stealing time while preparing sahur to perform Tahajjud prayer, I miss everything about Ramadhan.

Will I live long enough to see Ramadhan next year? I don't know. Everyday I try to be a better person than yesterday. And everyday I hope to be a better muslim tomorrow compared to today. Just like what Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him (p.b.u.h) wants us to be.

Today I'm fasting. To complete the six day fast that Allah promise us the reward is equal to a year of fasting. I'm fasting in order to be a good servant of Allah. May Allah accept all our good deeds for only Allah knows the value of each of our deed.

I'm looking forward to the day when I can see Allah and Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h). May Allah grant my wish.

May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment