Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Leaving Mecca


That was as far as I was allowed to go. At the place where sa'e is performed at Safa and Marwah hill. Women who had their period are not allowed to go to the tawaf area around Kaaba. We must wave goodbye to Kaaba from afar. For others they must perform tawaf wida' or goodbye tawaf. Tears rolled down my cheek unchecked. The silent sobbing drew attention to me. Some passerby stared at my soggy, red eyes. I can't stop the tears. The sadness of leaving kaaba is almost unbearable. This is the symbol of unity of the ummah. This is the house that Prophet Ibrahim or Abraham and his son Prophet Ismail or Isaac build to worship Allah. This is where I can connect myself physically with Prophet Muhammad at the very same place where he has been before me. This is where I have spent almost a month praying in Masjidil Haram. I have completed my hajj. It's time to move on to Medina.

With heavy heart, I walked towards my hotel. It felt as though I have left my heart behind. When will I come back? After each prayer in Masjidil Haram I always pray to Allah that one day I can come back with my whole family.

Muslim who haven't perform their hajj or umrah, long to go to Mecca as soon as possible. For those who have, long to go there again. It's a place of worship. It's a place of total peace and tranquility. It's a place that do not recognize the differences of race, color, creed, or political stand. It's a place of unity. It's a place where part of my heart will always be there.

Slowly I entered the waiting bus. As the bus moved away, my tears rolled down again. Moving away, Masjidil Haram seem smaller and smaller until it finally disappeared from my view. I will come again, InsyaAllah. It all seem happened just yesterday and not six years ago.

May Allah bless us all. Ameen.

long - have a strong wish or desire : we are longing to see the new baby.
tranquility - free from disturbance; calm : her tranquil gaze | the sea was tranquil.

No comments:

Post a Comment