Thursday, December 17, 2009

Awal Muharram


Today is first of Muharram, 1431 Hijrah. And it's Friday Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him (p.b.u.h.), migrated from Mecca to Medina on Friday too, 1,431 years ago. Leaving Mecca, Prophet Muhammad (p.u.b.h.) homeland, because the people there did not response to his preaching except for a small number. Muslims there received all kinds of hardship, torture, and discrimination for their faith of one, almighty god. Mecca people worship more than one god, something that persist until today for most religions. Some muslims have migrated first before him. All of them left behind wealth, family and homeland, to save their faith. In Medina, Islam prosper until it became the world power.

The concept of hijrah or migrating from bad to good, or from good to something better, is a concept that always guide Muslims in their life. Looking back to my past, I have made a lot of hijrah in my life. Wearing hijab or veil during the time when hijab was frown upon by the general public. Now it's a common sight in Malaysia. Agreeing to marry a man of faith from a poor family even though I was not used to hard life. I have made so many hijrah in order to be a good muslim. Always swimming against the tide. All in order to please Allah. It is my hope that Allah will accept it all.

There are times that I hijrah because of condition. When one venue of dakwah is blocked for me, I search other venue. Dakwah is spreading the teaching of Islam. Islam comes as a blessing to all, muslims, non muslims, animal, plants, earth, etc. Islam teach to be in harmony with everything. Blogging is a hijrah for me, a new way of spreading the words of Allah.

I feel blessed because Allah always give me signs. When I do something wrong or inappropriate, something always happen that made me check back my mistakes. What have I done wrong. A long, long time ago, I lost my temper and cane my naughty, naughty students. I was out of control. Going berserk. Later that day, I accidentally smeared my veil with my black marker. I looked at the glaring mark on my veil. It was a glaring reminder of my mistake. A reminder from Allah. That was the last day that I cane student. I made another hijrah on that day.

Now I'm thinking of the hijrah that I still need to make for the better. Everyday I'm closer and closer to the day that I will meet Allah. I want to be the best I can be on that day, and not worst. May Allah help me in my quest.

May Allah bless us all. Happy Maal Hijrah.

berserk- out of control with anger or excitement; wild or frenzied : after she left him, he went berserk, throwing things about theapartment.
smeared- coat or mark (something) messily or carelessly with a greasy or sticky substance : his face was smeared with dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment