Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Qiamullail


It's so quiet out there. Even the sound of cricket from afar can be heard. Performing qiamullail or wake up in the middle of the night to perform tahajjud prayer, taubat prayer, hajat prayer and witir prayer, have been one of my source of strength beside reading Qur'an and its translation everyday. It is at this wee hour that I feel so close to Allah. Performing my prayer, I don't have to think about chores not finish yet, dish not cooked yet, and the such. I have no other errand at this early morning hour. My mind and heart is devoted to Allah fully.

I'm not alone in the middle of the night. I feel the angels are praying for me too. Especially Gabriel or malaikat Jibrail. Gabriel is the angel that passed down words of Allah or the Holy Qur'an to Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him (p.b.u.h.). Gabriel is a close friend to Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h). At his dying bed, Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) summoned for Gabriel and asked why he is absent. Gabriel explained that he can't bear to see Prophet Muhammad dying. Indeed, just thinking of that moment, my heart is crying. The closing prophet that's written both in Torah or Kitab Taurat and in The Old Testament or Kitab Injil, will meet his love, Allah. The word that Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) utter the most at that final moment is 'Ummati' or my ummah, my people. He is most concern about us, those who live from his time until the day of judgement or kiamah/kiamat. Will we follow the right path? Will we submit ourselves totally to Allah? Will we be saved from the torment of the fire in hell?

The sound of the clock ticking put my mind back to my praying mat. May Allah fulfill all my prayers tonight like Allah has always do to all my prayers before. Some prayers are granted immediately, some take years for special purpose which I will find out later. For Allah knows better what to grant and when to grant those prayers of ours. May Allah forgive all our sins and show us to the right path, muslim and non muslims alike. May we find light and truth and serenity. Ameen.

May Allah bless us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment