Saturday, July 18, 2009

She was one of my eight roommates in Mecca (Mekah). Kak K was rather quiet. Prefer to listen to people than to chip in the conversation. Her father is my husband's roommates. Not less than 65 years old I would say. Not well and requires attentions. Always coughing. Kak K was always asking permission to enter my husband's room, attending to her sickly father. She even washed her father's ihram cloth, a big and heavy piece of cloth. She was the perfect daughter anyone could asked for.

From Muzalifah to Arafah to perform our wukuf, there was a massive traffic jam due to the new road system newly enforced by the Saudi government on that year. It was past midnight and we are suppose to reach Arafah before dawn or subuh. All the vehicles were at stand still for hours. It seem the only things that move on that night is people, not vehicles. Everyone had to walk. My husband, my mother in law and me walked for eight kilometers to reach our camp site. Some had to walk for twelve kilometers. Kak K was stranded with her wheel chair bound father. She can't walk like everyone else. And we can't help her since our hands are full of baggage. Feeling sad, we left her behind and wonder what would happen to them. Later on I found out that she managed to persuade a bus driver to give her and her father a ride to Arafah long after the dawn. After she failed to persuade a few bus drivers beforehand.

That was just one of the hardship that she had to go through to make sure that she and her father perform all the hajj rukun properly. And yet I never heard her complaint. Later I found out from my husband that her brother in law was performing hajj too on that same year. He visited his father in law once in my husband's room in Mekkah. This piece of information made me feel so sad. A son in law is around and all he did was just give the old man a visit. Kak K never tell me about her brother in law. That make me admire Kak K even more. Such patience. And such a good heart. I never heard her grumble even once. I'm not sure I can be as patient as her. We can't make claim for something that we are not tested yet. But I learn a lot from Kak K. Honesty and sincere love. She honestly and lovingly takes care of her ailing father. Undergone all the hardship and just took it in her stride. May Allah give her a big castle in Jannah (heaven).

May Allah bless you Kak K, wherever you are. May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment