Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Radio IKIM


Listening to IKIM radio (91.5 in Klang valley) especially while driving is very much like going to an online school. Not just any kind of school but school of life. Yesterday evening I was listening to usrah online talking about patience. One listener asked how can she make herself forget the memory of her husband divorcing her without any proper reason. She has managed to have more patience but this aspect still hurts so much. I guess she represent everyone of us. All of us has something that we know we should let go but we still can't. One of the panel reminded all listeners that whatever we have does not belong to us, they are just lend to us by Allah. Everything belongs to Allah. We just borrow it from Allah for a while and Allah can take it back anytime.

It reminds me of one of the similar problems that I have. I was a MARA student and was sent to US to do my first degree there. My college gave me three forms from three separate university to apply and I applied for one - Western Illinois U. When I went back home and started my career as a government school teacher, I found out that my U is not approved by JPA an thus my salary is two scale behind my peers. I'm earning the same salary as teachers two years junior than me. I was too young and didn't even know that MARA has a record of sending students without checking with JPA first. The paint live inside me for so many years. Not being sakinah or contented with my fate. Until I realize there are other people that would trade place with me. Other people has has worst fate than me.

Now, alhamdulillah (praise be to Allah), I has become contented with whatever Allah has fated for me. Every new crisis will send ripple to the tranquil pond but the pond will go back to its peaceful state. Every new crisis will give me some troubling hours or days but I will quickly settle down by praying to Allah and I know Allah will solve my problems. Allah knows better. Sometimes something is taken only to be replaced by a better one. Always have patience and see what good things are in store for us. 'Verily, every bad things is followed by good things. And verily, every bad thing is followed by good things' (two verse from Al Qur'an). Now my mind setting whenever I'm tested is what good things are in store for me after this turmoil or problems are over. I always anticipated the good things Allah has in store for me and not messing my head with the problems I'm facing. Hope you are like this too, whether you are a muslim or not. Allah is always near and always there for us. Just reach out to Him.

May Allah bless us all.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Ummu Ilman,
    Another good postings. Everyday, I will check your blog posts to see whether you have new things to say, new experiences to share, new thought, new reflection about life. I admire the ways you handle problems, crisis, etc...I learn a lot from you, trying to be not that pessimistic about everything in my life. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just notice your comment. I may not be as what I appear to be but I try hard to follow my own advise. Thank you for your feedback. Nice to know there I can help.

    ReplyDelete