Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Can I do it?

I have asked myself this question countless times. Venturing into a new field? Doing something new that I have never imagine I'll be doing it someday?

Life is about meeting the challenges. When we explore we will discover our potential. When I first got a lap top for PPSMI (I'm a maths teacher) back in 2003, I kept it in the locker for a few months because it was too complicated for me to operate. Now I'm doing my master degree in Multimedia without any proper background. Of course it was hard at first. When my coursemates mention words like operating system, metadata, metaphor, codec, open source and such, I feel like they were talking in a different language that I can't understand. I asked them the meaning and make a point to jot down in my notebook. Or I will search in the internet. Now I'm like a butterfly just transformed from a moth. A completely new person. And I'm glad I choose this path because I have learn a lot.

I am taking part in an expo at my university end of this month and will display my product - a courseware on mathematics that can be exported to iPhone or iPod so that students can do mobile e-learning. Sound unbelievable isn't it?

Good luck in your new ventures. May Allah bless you in all your efforts to contribute to humankind in any form possible. Amin.




No comments:

Post a Comment