Sunday, June 5, 2011

Our words


How do we judge how much is a person's worth is? From his/her income and position? From the quantity of his/her property? From his/her manners? From the sweetness or nastiness of his/her talk? What is a person's worth?

In the first place why should we ask this question. Everyone is unique. Everyone has a role to play. Nor everyone can be the boss. And certainly we need someone to mop the floor. We should respect everyone just the same - with sincerity. Our smile should be for everyone - not just for certain few.

Certainly those who are closer to Allah are the better one. We can see from their actions. There is one teacher in my school who are close to Allah. She always perform Dhuha prayer even though her time table is packed on that day. She don't talk much and certainly she doesn't like to chip in whenever people talk about the bad of a particular person. Less talk, less sin.

Even though she credited me as one of the person that shows her the way to practicing true Islam, I always feel that the credit should be on her for giving good example on avoiding making sins from our words. I can't remember any bad words coming from her mouth. I'm the opposite. I think I had talk too much. Initially on the purpose of discussion but I usually transgress into defaming people. The line is very thin between the two and syaitan or the devil/satan will make us forgot the limit. Ya Allah, please give me the will to avoid making sins especially from my words.

Quiet people sometimes are regarded as unfriendly. But to me the less you said, the less sins you make. I want to be use my words to show people the beauty of Islam. That the purpose of this blog. With all my short comings, I ask Allah to forgive all my sins and to always protect me. May the words of Allah spread to all. Amin.

May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment