Thursday, June 9, 2011

My new passion


With my maid gone, the whole house is under my administration now. I's a hugh task but I'm happy to say that it's a labour of love. To cook for my family, tidy up all the shelves, mop the floor, take care of the laundry, iron all the clothes...... the list just go on and on. With three of my kids leaving the nest to further their study leaving only two at homes, I feel my task now is a lot easier.

When all my kids were small and I have no maid, to cook lunch or dinner itself was an enormous task. One or two of my kids were always crying because of hunger or discomfort or sick. There are times just to finish frying four fish, I have to put off the fire two to three times to cater to my crying kids before continuing again. Not to mention all the other tasks waiting to be done. We very rarely eat out because all our resources were for the needs of the kids like their milk. No pampers for they are expensive. Just diapers that had to be washed. The moment I arrived at my school to start teaching in the afternoon session, I was already very tired. Sitting down on my chair in the staff room felt like heaven because I hardly had time to sit down at home in the morning. Thinking about it, it felt like it was just yesterday. Time really flies. Now my 'babies' are in university already.

But Allah is always fair. When we were young, our income were small. But we were strong and energetics. We don't have back pains or the such. When we grow older our energy level goes down drastically. But we have the experience and wiseness to work smart. And our income has improved. Actually our bigger income are rezeki from Allah for our kids.

Today I bought two pots of flowers which I hang outside my two kitchen windows. When I wash my dishes or when I'm cooking, the bright colours of the flowers will cheer me up and make my work feel light. I want to enjoy every moment of my life, even when I'm cooking. May Allah bless my family and all other family.

May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment