Saturday, June 18, 2011

English course


Driving home on the last day of a five day English course at Institute of Diplomatic and Foreign Relation in Kuala Lumpur, the faces of my course mates and lecturers kept on flashing in my mind. We are government offices from various agencies coming together with the intention to improve our written language. It was a jovial group and lots of jokes were exchanged to ease the seriousness of our difficult assignments. We exchanged our knowledge and experiences during the daily four meals.

Among all the participants, I was quite close with Kak Shima. What distinguished her to me from the rest are her advices and the experiences that she shared with us. Being very humble, no one had any idea that she is a PHD holder until the very last day. She said she wanted to further her study at USIM learning more about Islam. Then someone asked her whether she wanted to do her master or PHD. That was when she revealed that she has already done her PHD and she just wanted to to further her study for the sake of learning.

That is one thing common among most of us, to learn as much as possible. We have to apply for the course, we were not directed to go. Those who go for the course are those that really want to increase their knowledge.

Then there is Sara, a counsellor. Ever willing to share her experiences and ideas about teenagers, family, among other topics, her friendly personality attracts everyone to her like a magnet. We could listen to her for hours without realizing how time has fly. She never hesitate to share, a very generous person at hearth.

It was an eye opening course to me, both its content and its participants. I learned a lot about the correct writing techniques. I also learned the scope of job of others especially from different agencies.

Hopefully next year I can attend a different course at the same place and improve myself further. Beside the content, I can learn from the people I meet too. May Allah bless me with knowledge and wisdom.

May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment