Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oh no. Not again!


It happened again; for the third time this year. Alin stormed into the staff room to tell me about how Zul has went berserk again and threatened Haziq just because he had said something wrong. He gathered his gang and they punched Haziq. Alin was there trying to stop them but she was pushed away in the process. Alin reported to me that Haziq had taken cover in En. Yusof's room. En Yusof is one of the senior assistants. She also said that En Yusof had tried to find Zul but he was no where to be seen. I told her let En Yusof handle the case first but Alin feared for Haziq's safety. She said Zul professed that he won't be satisfied until he got a few drops of Haziq's blood. I told her not to worry, I'll talk to Zul when the time is appropriate.

Earier this year, Zul got mad at the school's gardener for scolding him. He purposely trespassed the line that the gardener had set up to keep the kids away from the area. When he is mad, Zul is beyond recognition. He will transform into Incredible Hulk and that is not an exaggeration. In that state, he is capable of harming people. When he had cool down, I had a slow talk with him, trying to put some senses into his hard head. He said he would change. Easier said than done.

Second time? I caught him and his two friends escaping class and disturbing another class. The teacher inside that class had asked him to get out but he wasn't perturbed by it at all. I was walking outside the class when I spotted him and his friends. I commanded all three boys to enter their class and stood at the back of the class. The teacher in that class later reported that Zul was like a mad man and screaming his hatred towards me. He said that he would stepped on my head. The next day I got class with him I can't honestly looked at his eyes. It still hurt inside; I need time to heal my wound. I asked him to go to the back of the class. He was resilient and only moved towards the end of the class. Just before the major PMR examination, he asked for my forgiveness. I said I have long forgiven him but I want him to change. Change?

Later on from outside the staff room I saw Zul shaking hand with Haziq. So it was settled then. I was walking at the school canteen, I saw Haziq with a group of form three kids. Zul was sitting at the back quietly listening to the others. I signaled to Zul to come to me. "Oh no, not again!", Zul complained. When he was seated beside me at the canteen I told him that it was I that should say "Oh no, not again!" to him. That was the third time this year he went berserk. I asked him did he knew Prophet Muhammad's [peace be upon him (p.b.u.h)] definition of a strong person? He said no. I said according to Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h), a strong person is not a person who is strong physically but instead a strong person is a person who can withhold his anger. Based on Prophet Muhammad's definition, I asked him to rate himself from one to ten. He rated himself zero.

"Zul, we are Abdullah, the servant of Allah. Don't let yourself being the servant of the devil or syaitan by easily going mad. Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) said that if we are mad, if we are standing up, then sit down. If we are sitting down, then lie down. If we still can't control our temper then take ablution or wudhu. Anger is from fire while ablution is taken using water. I really hope I don't ever have to say "Oh no, not again!" to you. Please change." I asked him to think over what I had said to him that night before he went to sleep.

With that statement, I left him. Hopefully I had planted a seed on that day. Maybe the seed won't grow that day. I pray to Allah the seed will eventually grow one day.

May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment