Friday, October 8, 2010


A lot has happened lately. I have had two open house. First was specifically for neighbours and my students. The second was for my husband's and my office mates. We moved in to this new house just over a year ago. In our busy schedule going to and from work, we hardly knew our neighbours except for the the few that live close by. In the back of my mind I felt uneasy about that. Neighbours are suppose to take care of each others. To help each others. It got to start from getting to know each other better. The open house provide that opportunity. It's like breaking the ice session. In future when I greet them, it won't be just for formality for they we are no longer stranger to each other. It will be like greeting friends.

My husband's and my office mates have had been requesting for an open house for a long time. They want to see the green garden, the fish ponds, the aquariums of sea and fresh water fish, the minute/mini chickens, the rabbits. How can we not share the source of our contentment at home. Perhaps it could give them ideas to lead a greener life. A house that will relieve you half of the source of stress at work. When my bougainvillea or roses were blooming with a mix of beautiful colours, as soon as I reach home I will stroll into my garden first before stepping inside the house. It was like the flowers were calling me to appreciate their beauty.

May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment