Sunday, May 10, 2009

Appreciate what we have


The abundant amount of water running through our tap is always wasted; until the day when our water supply run out. Our nagging mother is always a bother to us; until the day she die. The rain is always a nuisance; until the long drought season comes. We always complaint about our food; until the day we run out of money to buy some.

We are always complaining. Prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h. said if human are given a hill full of gold, he will ask for a second hill of gold. Which is true. Nothing seem enough. Nothing seem to satisfy us for long. It's not wrong to want for more, for better. What is wrong if we do not appreciate what we already have. Worst still if we can only appreciate it after it is long gone. Like our mother's love. So take the time to wish our mother happy mother's day and tell her how much we appreciate their sacrifices for us. Appreciate the old car that we have. Without it we will be a lot worse. Do you realize that things have their own 'feeling'. If we talk about buying a new car, our old one will start having problem. I always asked myself if I lose my loved one tomorrow, have I done enough to show my love for him/her? Will I regret anything? Is there anything that I postpone which I actually can do it before without any problem? Do I have any concrete excuse?

Being the best spouse/mother/friend/sister/brother..... to someone else will have its own rewards. If we try our best to be a good mother, we will get kids that will try their best to be good kids to us. Of course they will go astray every now and then, but overall they will be kids that we can feel happy about. Problems in life are like flavor in the soup, it add its deliciousness.

So appreciate what we have, while we still have it. It might not be around tomorrow. May Allah bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment