Sunday, April 19, 2009

RESEARCH & INNOVATION EXPO

Seen here is me and my kids (helping out at the booth) and a few visitors. I brought my two kids so that they can give technical help. Or so they thought. My main reason is actually to give as much exposure as possible to my kids. We can learn from reading, discussing, experimenting and so on but nothing can be compared with experiencing it ourselves. The exposure would be good for them. I tried to give my kids as much skills as I can. I have bought some books on drawing method during one school holiday a long time ago. Plus drawing block, water colours, and the such. We spend the whole holiday drawing. I have send them for flash class a few years ago. They can create their own cartoon animation since lower secondary school. I try to give cooking skills to them, both sons and daughter. So far my daughter is a good cook, planning to open her own bakery one day. My elders can fry rice. As for the other two, I am crossing my fingers for them.

I entered the expo as an underdog. First, being an expo, I thought it is only for exhibition. I register just to push myself to do something different. Then I discovered there is a competition on all the researches. Without the proper background (not from IT or Computer Science background) I just want to show my courseware and how it can help the weak or even deaf students. Plus how my courseware can be used as mobile e-learning. As usual I try my best and didn't expect anything. Just to share my ideas. I was surprised to get the gold medal.

I guess the moral of the story is even though you feel you are not that good, just try your best. Don't concentrate on winning, concentrate on giving your best. You can never know what is in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment