Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What we need, not what we want.


Sometimes there are things that make us feel dissatisfied. Like when we didn't get what we should get. Or worst still when we watched other people get what we think we should get. We felt that there are something wrong somewhere. Well nothing is wrong. It is just that Allah didn't give us what we want. Instead Allah give us what we need. 

If Allah didn't give us what we ask for it is because Allah knows that we will forget him after we get it. Or the test is to make us stronger. Or the time is not the best of time yet. But as human being we are always weak in the face of test.

I had that test today. When I came home from school the windows were not opened. The wet clothes were still in the washing machine. The smell of stale rice hit my nose when I opened the rice cooker. The sink was filled with dried maggie. And my kids are upstair in their rooms. I went upstair asked my son to be my imam in our congregation prayer. Then I voiced out my feeling. I said all these are due to the fact that I didn't educate my kids well. The blame is on me. My son was quiet. 

After the congregation prayer I read chapter or surah Ar Rahman from the Qur'an. One verse Allah kept on repeating in this surah - 'Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?' 

This verse reminds me that there are so many blessing that Allah has bestow upon me. Why in the world should I focus on negative aspects when I'm surrounded with blessing? 

'But for him who [the true believer of Islamic Monotheism who performs all the duties ordained by Allah and His Messenger Muhammad  , and keeps away (abstain) from all kinds of sin and evil deeds prohibited in Islam and] fears the standing before his Lord, there will be two Gardens (i.e. in Paradise)' Ar Rahman:46.

Ooo Allah. Please forgive me. How can I forget your blessings for even a moment. I leave the solution of my problems to you Allah for you are the true problem solver. You are the provider. You are the sustainer. 

May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment