Monday, July 16, 2012

Anger



I was mad at my daughter because she refused to search for the missing parking ticket again. Taking a deep breath I said to her that I had made the effort to send her and my two sons to the shopping complex and fetched them again late in the evening and all I asked was for her to search again for the missing parking ticket. And I got a flat no for an answer. When my son came back to the car after getting the spare ticket from the management of the shopping complex, he talked about the animation film they had just watched but I had lost my mood to talk. He realized something was wrong but not knowing what was it. The car was quiet on the way home.

When we arrived home my husband asked my son to help him remove pieces of thick aquarium glasses. I guess my bad mood has affected my son's mood too. He was a bit hasty when putting down the glass and it cracked. My husband was really upset because each piece costs a few hundred ringgit. Thus the whole house was in a bad mood.

Reflecting myself back I realized that I should control my anger. When I failed the whole house was affected by it. It's a chain reaction. If I can control my anger things would have turn up differently. Yes I have the right to be mad at my daughter but it has cost the family a lot. A lesson learned thad I hope I can remember for the rest of my life. I hope you learn something too. As Prophet Muhammad said (peace be upon him), a strong person is not someone who is strong physically but a strong person is someone who can control his/her anger. How very true. May Allah give me the strength to be a 'strong' person as Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) as prescribed.

Ya Allah give me the strength to control my anger.

May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment