Monday, November 21, 2011

Self Satisfaction


At the end of the year, a lot of teachers are dissatisfied over the jobs given to them next year. As for me even though I'm given tough jobs (leading two committees), I don't have any complaint. As I said to one of my fellow teacher, we can choose to do our job happily or do it with a grumble. We still have to finish the job. As I always said in this blog, I always choose to lead a happy life.

A happy life is not about what we have or don't have but rather about how we appreciate what we have, while we still have it. For example some people choose to divorce their 'imperfect' partner only to find out that their life is worst off after that.

Nobody is perfect. We need to seek perfection in ourselves but we have to accept imperfections in other people. When we seek perfection in ourselves we will keep on improving. When we accept imperfection in other people we are practicing tolerance.

May we lead a happy life by choice.

May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment