Friday, November 25, 2011

Contraction of marriage


Just came home the my nephew's majlis akad nikah or contraction of marriage ceremony. A sacred function that unify a man and a woman as husband and wife. Both the bride and bridegroom looked radiant in white.

It reminds me of my own akad nikah ceremony 22 years ago. I was full of suspense, anxious and happy over the prospect of marriage. Happy because every girl is happy to marry. Suspense because I never dated him before. As good muslims we avoid relationship before marriage. It was a marriage arranged by our older friends. And at that time there was no sms, facebook, or email. Even telephone was a luxury. Every communication was through our middleman or rather middle couple. But all the suspense add up to the excitements of love after marriage. And we are very much in love until now.

Our eldest son is already 21 years old. We are preparing ourselves for the day when one by one our kids will marry and leave the nest. As parents I hope we have set good examples of how a husband should loves and care for his wife and vice versa. May Allah bless my family!

May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment