Friday, January 7, 2011

Lesson of life


My girl is finally in a boarding school as she wish. Her PMR result wasn't as what she expected. She cried on the day she got it. I waited for a few days until until she was emotionally stable to say that she got what she deserved. She didn't work hard enough to get what she aimed for. When I was in school we didn't have any choice but to do what our parents told us to do. No discussion. Today youngsters have a thousand excuses for their parents.

Suddenly she said she wanted to study in a boarding school so that she has no other choice but to study. No TV, no facebook, no long napping during the day. Study, play, study and study. No other choice in a boarding school. So we went around one whole day going from a technical school to two education offices (from two states) hunting for boarding school. My husband got a phone call late yesterday evening from the technical school asking my girl to register today. We bought all the things that she might need in a boarding school last night. She's happy and I'm happy. Finally my girl got to learn how to survive on her own and be responsible for her own self. No more mother to keep on reminding her of what she need and should do.

She just called me asking me when I'm going to visit her. I said we just seen each other this morning before her father took her to register. She hasn't spent one night in hostel yet. Anyway I'll visit her this sunday on my birthday. How could I celebrate my birthday without my loved one?

May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment