Wednesday, December 8, 2010

MAHER ZAIN - THE CHOOSEN ONE


Watching this video, I felt that we muslim has gone far from the teaching of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him (p.b.u.h). The video is the modern manifestation of how Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) had lived his life. He was most kind to his non muslim neighbour even though she always throw rubbish to his house. Noticing no rubbish one day, Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) gave her a visit just to see if there's something wrong with his neighbour. True enough she was sick. His kind attention and care for her had eventually led her to embrace Islam.

Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) was recorded to race with Aishah, his wife. She won when she was young because she was agile and slim. Later on when she gain weight, Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) won the race. Such attention to his wife. He even sew his own clothes and shoes when they were torn, relieving his wife from as much burden as he could. All husbands should follow his steps - the love and care he devoted for his spouses.

Giving drink to dog in a shoe, letting a small boy riding your back even when you are praying, respecting the elders, loving the young ones, taking care of the environment by throwing your rubbish into the dust bin are all parts of Prophet Muhammad's (p.b.u.h) teachings. I feel shame thinking of how much I strayed from the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h). Yes I followed a lot of Prophet Muhammad's (p.b.u.h) teachings but there's a lot more to be desired. I'm I good enough to my Indian neighbour? I always give food to them especially malay cuisine whenever I cook more but do I know when they are sick? Am I kind enough to stray dogs? I leave some food at my back alley for the stray dogs to eat at night and feed the alley cats as well. Watching the video I knew there's a lot more that I haven't done. Thanks Maher Zain for the inspirations.

May Allah bless us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment