Saturday, February 21, 2009

REFLECTION

Assalamualaikum to all Muslim and welcome to all viewers. I created this blog in the hope that it will give viewers some ideas to carry on with their lives. In our hectic lifestyles sometimes we forget to stop and reflect ourselves. I will post a question in each session and give my version of the answer. Comments are most welcomed. Well, to begin with ponder the first question below.

Have you ever wonder why is it when we achieve something we have long set for ourselves we didn't feel as happy as we ought to be? There could be a number of reasons. First, maybe because we set that goal specifically for our own self and not for the people around us too. For example, as a teacher when I created a program for the school, it is not about making a name for myself. It is about trying to make a difference in the lives of my beloved students. And many of them come from troubled families. They become 'problematic' students because they just wanted to gain attentions in school;  something that is direly lacking at home. They are very unsecured inside. Trying to look macho when deep down inside, they  are very vulnerable. I never think of myself as an angel that Allah send to change their lives but if only one student benefited from it, that's more than enough to make me happy. 

Happiness is about sharing, not taking only. When we give a lot we will receive more than that. Although Allah's creations has  a lot of mathematical formulas (check Fibonacci number) that created the balance and beauty of it, not everything can be counted by our simple, immortal minds. Allah mentions in the Holy Qur'an that every one good deed will expand into seven branches and each branch will give one hundred seeds. That's the number of returns you get from Allah. And it comes in many unexpected, wonderful forms.  

There are thousand and one more answers for the above question. I hope I have given enough food for thought. See you again soon, viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment