Sunday, June 23, 2013

Riding



My husband loves to go riding his super bike. Occasionally he will go riding with his bike group. They will ride in big numbers up to 30 bikes. I guess what makes him loves it is because people tent to stare at big bikes that emit loud noises. And the sheer feeling of freedom seeing the vast world and feeling the open air. Each time he went out on his riding trip leaving me and Aiman at home I would feel lonely. I can't go with him because there'll be nobody to take care of Aiman. And I won't feel comfortable mingling with the bikers. 

My opportunity came one day when my husband, out of the blue, asked me to join him on an unplanned riding trip, just the two us us and no other rider. All my kids were at my hometown with their grandparents. I accepted with mixed feeling, happy that finally I can join him like what I had always asked from him and doubtful if I can stand the whole long journey sitting behind him on a bike. I just followed my heart.

We started riding at 2.30 p.m. on that day. We planned to go to Cherating, a famous beach area. We had to stopped at a few places to rest and drink and also to wear rain coat when it started to rain. Riding behind my husband I'm beginning to understand why he loves riding. We can see a whole lot more from behind a bike as compared to a car. And surprisingly, riding is not even half the tiredness. I was profoundly happy.

Throughout the whole trip my eyes were stuck at the natural beauty all around me. Everything reminds me of the greatness of Allah. If this world can be this beautiful then I can't imagine how beautiful heaven is. Allah has created the world for the benefits of mankind but yet we betray Him by not worshipping Him or not following Allah's every command which is for our own benefits actually. When we become good muslims we are making our own live meaningful by being a good son/daughter, husband/wife, friend, coworker, relative, neighbor, etc. Allah don't need us but it is we that need Allah. 

We spend one night in Cherating and the second night in Kuala Terengganu. We ventured to a lot of places like Cherating beach, Pasar Payang, Cristal Mosques, Losong (where we ate the famous, delicious keropok losong) and Batu Buruk beach. Last weekend (after a lapse of three weekends) we had our second lone trip together to Cameron Highland. 

Thank you Allah for everything that You have given us - the beautiful world, this wonderful nucleus and extended family of mine, great neighbors, great students. Thank you for every single blessing.

May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment