Monday, November 2, 2009

Planting a seed


"When you grow up you will shine like a star". That's the note I wrote to a student in facebook when she request to be a friend of mine. She answered back, "Thank you teacher. I will prove it to you one day". From that day onward whenever she saw me, she will wave her hand to me. I will wave back with a smile. That is one seed that I have planted. One day it will grow into a beautiful and fruitful tree.

People tend to focus their mind on negative things. Not enough effort, not good enough, not smart,.......... Culture and surrounding shape the way we think. I choose to follow the steps of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. He can see the strength of everyone around him. He accepted Saidina Ali's opinion (Saidina Ali was ten years old then) when older sahabat or companions wanted to brush him aside. To them Saidina Ali is a little boy not worth paying attention to but Prophet Muhammad taught them otherwise. There is a potential germ in every stone. We just have to give them a chance.

Years ago when I was picking up my then small kids from the house of the baby sitter, she was crying and scolding her third son. He sold his sister's bicycle to buy drug that he was addicted to. It was a sad picture. The mother looked so haggard while the son just looked down on the floor. I need to break the tension. I told her that despite her son's present condition, one day when she pass away, it could be that this is the son that will remember her the most in his prayer. I was planting another seed in the mind of the son. Hopefully the seed will grow one day.

That was almost fifteen years ago. I heard the baby sitter has passed away. But I don't know what happen to the son. I pray to Allah that he will always remember his mom in his prayer everyday. InsyaAllah, with the will of Allah, Allah will grant my doa or prayer. And I always pray for the best for everyone. Life is too short to fill our life with hatred that will only burn us down slowly from inside.

May Allah bless us all with wisdom and guidance. May Allah bless us all. Ameen.

haggard - looking exhausted and unwell, esp. from fatigue, worry, or suffering : I trailed on behind, haggard and disheveled.



No comments:

Post a Comment