Sunday, October 25, 2009

Compassion


The sound of baby cat crying at the back alley of my house startled everyone. The pitch is high and penetrate through our ear drum. My kids ran to the back to see what was going on. A small kitten, barely a month old, was crying in the drain. It was drenched with dirt. Such a poor sight. My son rescued the kitten. Later on in the evening we heard the cry of another one. A second kitten was rescued. Now I found myself with two more pets beside the pair of Serama (minute/small) chicken and a pair of rabbit. Even the pet the Allah has sent to us comes in pair. Friends of my daughter saw a group of stray dogs killing a cat the day before. That must be the poor mother of the pitiful kittens.

For a muslim this is an obligation, a responsibility. I can't let the poor kitten on its own. Allah will question me what I have done to save them in the hereafter. That is the day when our mouth can't speak (therefore can't lie). Our hand, leg, skin and others will answer the question what it has done. The eyes will tell what it has seen. The legs will tell where they have gone to. Every part will testify what it has done. I have no excuse not to rescue the kittens.

I bought milk powder for baby animal. And a feeding bottle too. The bigger kitten will drink until it is full. The smaller one require some coaching and persuasion. No wonder it is smaller in size. Litle Aiman just love the kittens. So does his bigger brothers and sister. Thank you Allah for sending these kittens to us. It is a blessing. Rescuing and rearing lost kittens like this will make our rezeki or livelihood and luck to increase. It may not necessarily in term of dollar and cent but may come in term of happiness, serenity, peace of mind and the such. Alhamdulillah, thank you Allah for giving us this chance.

May Allah bless us all. Ameen.


Startled - cause (a person or animal) to feel sudden shock or alarm : a sudden soundin the doorway startled her.
Drenched - wet thoroughly; soak : I fell in the stream and got drenched.

No comments:

Post a Comment