Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rahmatan lil a'lamin


I was quite early. Have to. Must make sure everything will go well. Today is one of the two days that I will carry out my experiment. With control group today.

An Indian girl peek inside the staff room searching for a teacher. Since I was nearest to the door, she asked me about Puan N. I asked around and said to her that Puan N was not in the staff room. She looked at me intently. The she asked me whether I have taught in this school before. Yes, until 2007. Then I further my study in 2008 and left the school. I came today to do my research. Then she excitedly said that she have been searching for me for a long time. I taught her Mathematics in 2007 and helped her to obtain B in PMR examination. She can still remember the advices that I have given her. Thank you teacher for making it all possible for her. Now she is taking account class and her maths now is A.

She was in form 3T in 2007. Not my class. But in my extra class, I invited all the form 3 classes. Not many from other class joint me. She's one of them. Form 3T was one of the poor class. To get B for maths, coming from such class, is quite an achievement. Fighting against social stigma and negative self image. All I did was to give my attention, coaching, and encouragement. The rest is up to them.

Islam comes as a blessing to all human kinds, plants and animals. Rahmatan lil a'lamin. Islam has an elaborate code of ethics. As a muslim teacher, I must be fair to all. Help everyone. Even students from other classes.

As I was climbing the stairs, a few boys were descending the stair. They recognize me. One even shout out loud "Teacher, I love you". That stunt me. But I remember saying the same line to my students back then. I'm getting back what I gave them. Love.

May Allah bless all my ex students. May Allah bless us all. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment