Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tawadduk


After subuh prayer I went down to the hall and listen to Ustaz Zahazan daily tazkirah or reminder. His slot every monday till friday morning at 6.30 a.m in Radio IKIM (91.5 FM) has been my source of self reflection, knowledge, and wisdom for a few years now. May Allah bless him. I will skip my solat sunat before subuh prayer if I cannot make it in time to listen to his slot. Searching for knowledge is wajib or compulsory in Islam while solat sunat is not compulsory but will gain us extra blessing.

This morning he talked about being tawadduk or humble. This is part of knowing who we are. We are the servant of Allah. Whatever we can do and achieved is achieved because Allah permits us to. Being humble to me means, among other things, the more we know the more we realize that we don't know. The more we learn, the more we realize that there is an enormous amount of knowledge out there to be discovered and learned. And it make us feel small in the eyes of Allah for He is all knowing. Allah says the knowledge that He gave us is just like a drop out of the vast amount of sea water.

In this modern world, talking about how a fetus is created from the fusion of a sperm (out of the million) and an egg inside the worm and how the fetus attached itself to the wall of the worm is something common and widely known. But back in the time of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him [s.a.w]) 1400 years ago when Al Qur'an reveal this, it was incomprehensible by the intellectuals of that time, what more the public. Only the believers will unquestionably accept this. The more advanced science is, the more proof of Al Qur'an is produced.

Doing my master degree in Multimedia in Education, I am in a journey to know more of what I don't know. In the process, the smaller I feel in the eyes of Allah.

Ya Allah, please forgive us for our ignorant. We always do thing that is detrimental to ourselves in our foolishness. Please guide us. Only to You I seek help and wisdom.

May Allah bless us all.

detrimental - tending to cause harm
ignorant - lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated

No comments:

Post a Comment