Friday, September 25, 2009

Eid Mubarak


On the morning of Eid Mubarak or Hari Raya Aidul Fitri, my family went to the mosque in my hometown to perform Eid prayer or Sembahyang Hari Raya. The big mosque was flooded with people. Some have to pray on the corridor. The imam recited Takbir Raya over and over again.


Allah is the greatest (3x)
There is no god worthy of worship except Allah
Allah is the greatest (3x)
All praise is due to Allah

Hearing these words (in Arabic) being recited over and over again fill my heart with a feeling of contentment. Ooo Allah..... Indeed you are the greatest. My whole life testify to that. There are benefits for all the things that you have set for me even though I may not see it all. There are things that you set for me that I don't like, only to discover later that I am better off that way. As Allah said in Holy Qur'an - not everything that we like are good for us and vice-versa. Syukur alhamdulillah. Thank you Allah for everything.

Then we went from house to house to meet relatives and friends. We shook hands and ask forgiveness from each others. All quarrel, differences are forgotten in favor of brotherhood. This is the day where satan cried because their works for one whole year to make people commit sins goes down the drain. Praise be to Allah. Non Muslims join the muslims visiting friends. Friendships are tighten.

May this month of Syawal brings happiness to us all, muslims and non muslims. May Allah bless us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment