Saturday, January 4, 2014

Ungrateful?


'Surely, Allah is all-gracious to people, but most of the people are not grateful" - Al Baqarah: 243.
Reading the Qur'an after subuh prayer, I felt so touched by this verse. 

Allah is so gracious to me by bestowing a lot blessings. I'm still alive today. I still have oxygen to breath. I still own two hands and two legs. I still have a family to support me. I'm still healthy. I still have a chance to repent and improve myself. And a million other blessings. Some people have lost some of these.

But Allah says '...but most people are not grateful'. Do I have to see a man without any leg to appreciate the two legs that I have? Do I have to be sick to realize that I forgotten to be thankful for my good health all these while? Do I have to see a beggar wearing torn clothes to be grateful for the good clothes that I have no matter how cheap it is? Subhanallah. Ya Allah please forgive me. Please… forgive me.

May Allah bless us all. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment