Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ali Imran: 14

3:14
Sahih International

Beautified for people is the love of that which they desire - of women and sons, heaped-up sums of gold and silver, fine branded horses, and cattle and tilled land. That is the enjoyment of worldly life, but Allah has with Him the best return.          Chapter Ali Imran: Verse 14
Men has always always been mesmerized by women and children. We have always long to have heaps of gold, big houses, big cars, powerful bikes, vast lands full of cows and cattle. Everyone of us want all these things. To own them is like to own the whole world. To own them is like to own happiness itself. But happiness prove to be elusive…. The nearer we are to wealth, the farther happiness runs from us. 
I'm aiming for the 'happily ever after' happiness. By giving my time, energy, thoughts, ideas, to seek Allah's pleasure. Performing my duty as a wife, I sacrifice a lot for the happiness of my marriage for Allah says his pleasure to a married woman depends on her husband's pleasure towards her. Being a teacher, I sacrifice my time and money to improve my students in the subjects that I teach. Staying back until late evening almost every day to make sure I have done my best as a teacher. Thinking and creating programs to make my students know and love Islam better, to worship only Allah and to love and follow Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him (p.b.u.h). Coming home late from school, even though I'm tired, I move around as fast as a kangaroo, making sure I finish all my chores before my husband comes home. When he's home, I want to be a doting wife to a tired husband that has spend the whole day working to earn money for the family. Being a mother I make sure my children are taught the manners and soft language of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him (p.b.u.h). My family should manifest the teaching of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h). That's our best dakwah
Everything that we do should be done for the purpose of seeking Allah's pleasure. 'That is the enjoyment of worldly life, but Allah has with Him the best return'. Oo Allah, I'm aiming for the best return that you have with you. Please make my niat or intention purely to seek your pleasure. This world is only a small stop on our way to hereafter. A place to gather enough deeds to seek Your pleasure. We will never done enough deeds to trade in with your jannah or heaven. We can only hope You will forgive all our sins and accept us as your obedient servants. We can only hope You are willing enough to let us see You and our Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) in heaven. To be close to both of you. Hope this is not too much to ask from a humble servant to You o our mighty Lord. Plese grant our wish……(sobbing…).
May Allah bless us all. Ameen.


No comments:

Post a Comment