Thursday, May 3, 2012

Right brain students



I was given new 2 classes in the middle of April. The last two classes. As a teacher who had a master degree in education, I taught the classes with  a strategy. Mind map notes everyday. To teach weak students we can't teach each item separately. Mind map makes students being able to see how each part is connected to the others. Mind map makes the students being able to see the whole picture.

I asked them to use different colours to light up their notes. To use their own creativity to come up with different types of mind maps. Today, as promised, I rewarded students that have creative mind maps. The kids surprised me. One girls have mind map in the ocean with fish and bubbles. Another girl have trees that have the name of the topics inside the leaves. One boy have geometric pattern as the background. And my subject is Perdagangan or Commerce. Hardly the subject that you connects with art. 

All these confirmed what I have learned while doing my master degree - weak students are good at visual spatial intelligence. You can say they are right brainer kids. We can only reach them and make them understand if we utilize their right brain. 

May Allah bless all my students. 

May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment