Saturday, January 7, 2012

Passing through life


While waiting for my turn to see the doctor, I talked to a lady sitting beside me. She came with a daughter. Her husband has died a few years ago and she supported her family with doing small business. Her eldest son died in a car accident, the second one studying in a college and her daughter that she brought along that day is a disabled lady. She told me how she has to work hard to support her college son and her disabled daughter. Every time her college son goes back to college she will equipped him with dried mee, milo drink and biscuits for breakfast before going to class. She lamented about her life. That's when I felt I needed to clear the air for her. I told her that thank to Allah, her daughter is a disabled person. If she is born smart, then she would be studying somewhere now and leaving her alone at home.

Sometimes we didn't see the blessing that Allah has bestowed upon us because we are being negative minded. We lead our life grumbling about a lot of things and thus we are missing a lot of fun. All my life I have been trying to be a positive person and I am still struggling with it. Trying to channel my energy to doing something that I can do to improve the situation, instead of complaining about things that I can't change. To focus on other people's strength instead on highlighting their weaknesses. To forgive others sincerely instead of letting the anger burn me from inside. To improve the quality of my work instead of complaining on how much I have to do. To do the household chores with a lot of love even when my kids are not helping me. Ya Allah, thank you for all the blessing You bestow upon me.

May Allah bless us all.

lament - expression of regret or disappointment; a complaint : there were constant laments about the conditions of employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment