Friday, January 27, 2012

The effects of technology


The facebook group was just recently created about two weeks ago. It is a platform for the students of my school who are interested to increase their Islamic knowledge to share reminders from the Holy Qur'an and Hadith. The effect is like a whirlwind. It reached its 100 members yesterday and is fast growing. The kids put up a lot of reminders.

I had some very tough years before trying to build pious students group - trying to follow the footsteps of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him (p.b.u.h), in educating his Companions. Some sitting will see a big number of attendance but most of the time only a small core group members will attend. But that doesn't bother me much since I know Allah will not ask me how much I have achieved but rather how much I have tried. What I can achieve is in the hand of Allah. I am just a vehicle. It is Allah that moves people to change. But I have never imagine in my life with the use of technology (i.e. facebook) things can spur up like this.

Accidentally I also bought an iPad two weeks ago. I bought Qur'an Explorer apps. Then I bought apps for Qur'an Tafseer. Then I discovered iBooks for all kinds of Islamic books. This mean beside being my personal reading, I can now take a single device to help me in each sitting with the kids.

May Allah help me in my conquest to seek His pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment