Saturday, August 13, 2011

Digging our own grave


I was listening to Dr Muhaya in Radio IKIM this morning. The topic was softness. Dr Muhaya said if we are destined to be lucky, we will have softness in our heart, action and thought. Among the softness that lucky people have is the ability to forgive.

One listener called and told that she has been slandered twice and she just can't forgive the person because she can still remember vividly how she felt at that time. It is difficult for her to have 'softness; in this manner.

Dr Muhaya responded by saying that if such incident has happened 10 years ago and she still can't forgive it now, that means she has given away 10 years of her life. She didn't has peace of mind all this time and its like she's digging her own grave.

I have always practice forgiving people and I can sit and laugh with the very same person that has hurt me so much before. But Dr Muhaya's words has given me more meaning to what I have done before. I forgive not just for the sake of that person but more for my own sake. I don't want to keep on stumbling with that person and to keep my eyes away from that person's face. Especially if that person is our spouse or our fellow worker. We are just so close physically. I don't want to hurt myself and my feeling. I choose to forgive and forgive sincely.

May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment