Sunday, July 4, 2010

Bravo kids!


Two of my students went to my house early in the morning to help me load my stuff into my MPV. My husband and son gave their hand. My husband drove me to school and helped me to set up my stall. Many of my students were already there waiting for me. We sprang into action immediately, putting cloth covering on the table, arranging the dishes and lighting the stove to cook the soup.

There was a large crowd especially during noon. Even though I have set a timetable of who's on duty for every hour, most of my students were around to help me out all the time. Some were shy shy at first since they were not used to serving customers. That was their first experience. Some were so bold and carry around yogurt and muffins on a tray and walk around and promoting the items. Many students from other stalls did that too. One boy hang a poster on his neck and went down to the shopping area outside the school to promote his class' stall. A rare sight for sure. Some of my students waited until late evening and helped me to pack up after the carnival was over. They were there for the whole day and never neglect me. As for me, that was one of my most tiring day since I have to stand from early morning. It was around 1.30 p.m. before I took a break and sat down. It felt nice to be able to relief my aching legs.

The event was a great success. It was the event that give me the change to teach my students the meaning of unity, team work, selfless and sacrifice. They learn to be enterprising kids in their efforts to promote the stall. It will be an event to remember to a long, long time.

May Allah bless my students. May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment