Thursday, May 6, 2010

Just a few words


I was on my way to the computer lab when I saw two boys sitting on the stairway. One was crouching and the other one was talking to the first boy while wrapping his hands on his friend's shoulder. I signaled to the boys to go back to class but they stay put. So I diverted from my original course and climbed the stair to where they were. The second boy immediately went back to his class but the first boy remained. Then I noticed the tears and the distressed look. I asked him what was the problem and naturally he just kept quiet.

I said something about how life is full of challenges and we just have to face it. Its part of life. I asked him to handle the problem wisely. Then I was back on my way. From behind me I could hear him saying thanks to me. I nodded.

Sometime it takes just a few words to light up someone's day. A few words to show that someone does care. A few words to help make it through a terrible day.

May Allah bless us all.

crouching - a position where the knees are bent and the upper body isbrought forward and down, sometimes to avoid detection or todefend oneself : we crouched down in the trench.
stay put - remain somewhere without moving or being moved.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ummu Ilman,
    I am always inspire to read your post. Yes, I must learn from you, instead of keep scolding my students, I should look at their strength and praise them more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. And you inspire me to write more about my students.

    ReplyDelete