Tuesday, April 20, 2010

sharing to enrich our life


They were reluctant at first. It sound so scary to them. People fear what they don't know. To venture into new field is like throwing one self into the river. Will we be able to swim to the river bank?

I created a ning homepage for the school staffs. A private network just for insiders. To get people to sign up is like asking them utilize a new unknown software. But when they try it, it is fast becoming a tool to get connected. To know what happen to the football and hockey team for example. Or to give vent to their anger when a long planned program was attended by only a few.

I stayed up last night to perform solat hajat, a special prayer asking Allah to grant a certain wish. I prayed for my kids. Their exams are around the corner. My eldest son told me he understood a lot of difficult lesson only when exam is near. Signs that Allah is granting my prayer. When ever my kids tell me they are having difficulty with their study, I will always turn to Allah. And Allah is always near, waiting for us to ask from him.

After the solat hajat, I registered online to attend an Asia Pacific Education Conference as a presenter. I have participated in a university level innovation competition and had won gold medal. I have presented my research at university level alongside lecturers. I have attended world level seminar as participant. Time to venture one step ahead as an international level presenter. All these started after I attended a national level seminar as participant. I no longer fear the unknown because I have make conference as something familiar to me. If my application as a presenter is rejected, that's not a surprise. On the contrary, being accepted is a real shock. I'm just trying my luck. Who knows. No venture, no gain.

Ya Allah, please make niat or intention solely for you. To share my knowledge with others in the hope of making a small difference.

May Allah bless us all.

vent - figurative release or expression of a strong emotion, energy, etc. :children give vent to their anger in various ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment