Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ramadhan


Ramadhan is a busy time. Everything is done according to schedule. Wake up around 5 a.m to prepare sahur, a meal before dawn. Between dawn and sunset, muslims are not allowed to eat or drink. Then we wait for azan subuh, the call for morning prayer. My husband and sons will go to the mosque to perform subuh prayer. My daughter and I perform our subuh prayer at home together. Zohor and asar prayer is performed during daylight. My family has always practice solat berjamaah or praying together, a sunnah or example from Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.

In the evening I will be very busy preparing meals for my big family. Having four grown up kids and one toddler (not to forget myself, my maid and husband), the business of preparing meals is one that requires a lot of energy and thinking. I just cook modestly, taking care not to waste anything in this fasting month. At night after breaking fast and maghrib prayer, the whole family will go to the musolla or mosque to perform isyak, tarawih and witir prayer. Then we will stay on to listen to the tazkirah or reminder given by guess speaker or ustaz.

Ramadhan is trully a madrasah or school. As parents this is the best time for my husband and I to teach the kids to love the musolla/madrasah and mosque and to seek the knowledge of Allah. They can't entertain their sleepy heads or tiredness. No excuse. Even little Aiman enjoys himself meeting other toddlers in the mosque. In this blessed month, musolla and mosques are filled with people seeking Allah's pleasure. Muslims are suppose to carry on this air of submission after Ramadhan is over. That's my wish and hope for my family.

May Allah bless us all in this holy month of Ramadhan.

No comments:

Post a Comment