Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Unexpected response


From the analysis of the program that I do at school, I found out that the form five students were exhausted. To some it is as if their struggle ended after the SPM trial. Some skip classes or didn't bother to come to school at all. As if they are not going to have a major examination (SPM) in about less than two weeks time. So I come out with an idea.

I asked the form five kids that I'm going to do a program to help motivate them in their preparation for SPM and I wanted only around 35 students. The program will have some multimedia show as an added attraction. It's going to be on voluntary basis, so whoever needed to be motivated can give their names to me. The list goes on and on. In the end, about 130 students gave their names. This is totally a surprise for me. It's also an indication that the kids needed some fresh air.

I immediately went into action. After a few discussions with the school counsellor and some teachers, I came out with a tentative program. The program is scheduled next week, just a day before the Hajj holiday. So I don't know just how many will turn out. I guess the lesser the better for quality sake but I just didn't have the heart to reject any name.

I just had a meeting with some of the teachers that will be the facilitators, briefing them of their role and duties. We are suppose to be the facilitators, not speakers. So our job is to initiate students to come out with the right solutions and mental setting after each activity. Everything will have to come out from the students, not the teachers. The teachers understood that. Now it's my job to come out with some of the materials needed in the program. Some downloading to do. Some programs using keynote software in my MacBook.

May Allah help me in my job. Pray for me. May Allah bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment